Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Dreaded Call

If there is a call that i dread the most, it has to be from my school. I have been working for 2 years and everytime 'school' appears on my phone screen my heart thumps ( no exaggeration..seriously). It is most probably because i associate 'school' with more work. Everytime i receive call from school, either i'll have to dig out an old students record which God-Only -Knows or collect school fee from some really stubborn students. And most of the times, i purposely avoid answering these calls. Then, after 30 minutes i go to office and enquire regarding the call. It's not the task that i avoid but the call. Don't ask me why.

But one can't be lucky all the time. Yesterday my phone screen was blinking and i answered the call despite knowing it's from school. I was expecting them to tell me not to come back early to school due to the flood. BUT...it seems the meeting has been rescheduled and i have to report to school on 27th Dec. I was tongue-tied that i could not say anything! So now i have to cut short my holiday which i don't mind at all. But the real problem is spending 6 days at Rompin doing nothing. Now that's difficult   torture.

No comments: