Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tomorrow is ayya's 55th birthday. I can't believe that he has reached 55. It's saddening to think that he is going to celebrate his birthday with none of his children next to him. But hopefully next year i'll be able to compensate for my absence.
I have always been a daddy's gal. I'm the typical my-dad-knows-all girl who looks up to my dad on anything and everything. Hitherto, my dad has been the most important person in my life and i'm sure he'll always be. And my ultimate aim and what i would consider as an achievement is when i make my dad proud. Since i was a kid, i used to compete with my siblings to gain recognition from my dad. When he says anything good about me, i'll spend the whole day replaying his words and gestures on my visual screen. Even up to know, the sense of accomplishment that enfolds me whenever he expresses he says he's proud of me, is indescribable.
I would never have come here (sydney),had it not been for him. While my mum and brother were not happy with me attending the interview for this course ( i had to travel far to attend the interview and dad was working and he couldn't take leave), dad didn't say a word against my wish. He didn't even ask if i wanted to attend the interview. When my mum was on phone informing about the interview, all that dad said was " i have booked a cab, accompany her ok?". He had tremendous confident in me that he encouraged me to give it a try. And eventually when i was selected, he told me it wasn't a fluky success and i deserved it.
He has never said he loves me but i know he does. And i have never declared my love for him either. Because when you love someone too much, you just can't get a word to express that feeling. Gestures and expressions are eloquent reminders of love and care.So..ayya Happy Birthday! I love you and I miss u!

No comments: