Friday, October 2, 2009

With love from your student











"Dear Miss Ramyah,

Firstly, we would like to apologise for every mistakes that we have done in your class. For your information, you’re the first practicum teacher who have influenced us to speak English and succeeded in making us completing our work.

We also now have confidence to talk in English though only in the class. (If we speak English outside, “kantoi” our grammar.) You know how to win our heart by preparing all the interesting activities for us. Sometimes we do not like you coming to the class so early. No time for us to ‘zzzzz’. We used to look at your outfits and different sort of shoes (two inch shoes) and we would start gossiping about it. Sorry ;-)


In addition, we love the way you speak English since we are into English but no one could lead us. We are so curious why you always walk around while teaching. It makes our eyes (a picture of eyes spinning)


We are going to miss you, teacher. Pardon us for our bad English and translating from Malay to English. We are trying and practising. Do pray for our success in future and achieve our ambition to be a lawyer (X) and flight attendant (Y). Love Ya."





This week was my final week in the school as a practicum teacher. The letter above is one of the letters given by my students. I still remember before starting my practicum i was telling a friend that i bet neither my students nor i would feel touchy on the last day of my prac. But i surprised myself when both my students and i got emotional on the last day. This letter is from a weak and struggling class, but still i have always felt attached to the class. When the one of the students was reading the farewell speech, i could feel pricks of tears in me. The speech was very touchy, sincere and straight from the heart. Now i know why even the smallest gift from a student matters diamonds to teachers. Thanks dear students for giving me a wonderful memory to cherish forever.

No comments: