Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad DAY


Imagine you have been an angel all this while, following every ridiculous rule though you know they are utter rubbish. Then, comes one fateful day when you decide to take a very very short break from being the rule abider. And the next moment, you are termed as a rule breaker, trouble maker and yadda yadda. As you would have guessed I am the angel who has been following all the stupid rules that my college has been imposing all this while.

And today, I decided to take a break by skipping the first class. I don’t really skip classes without solid reasons and compared with my friends who skip classes whenever we have assignments, I am not that bad. The climate in the morning was so welcoming that I decided to prolong my sleeping hours and my decision was collaboratively agreed by my roommates and so we slept soundly for another extra one hour before going to the next class. Skipping the class and sleeping in the room does not make much difference as that is what I do in the class when I’m physically there. It’s a literature class where I have to sit and listen to numerous presentations. And the class has been recording the poorest attendance for past few weeks and the lecturers seemed not bothered about those students who have been consistently skipping the classes. So indirectly I was upset with the lecturers for not taking action against those students but nagging at us who were present there despite the tempting invitation of the not-so-cosy bed.

So thinking that they are going to turn a blind eye on the attendance, I skipped the class. Few hours later, I was in the college rushing to the next lecture when I bumped into my literature lecturer I did notice her sour face but thought nothing of it. The moment I enter the class, almost all of my friends sarcastically termed us the three musketeers as ‘trouble makers’ and wanting to know the reasons we skipped the class! Apparently, the lecturer called out each name (!) during the lecture and asked the absentees to write a show cause letter. The whole cohort knows now that I skipped the class! Hmm I never expected my new year to be like this. And what annoys me more is the fact that the frequent absentees (who barely have 90% of attendance) who have been skipping the class all this while chose to come today and have been making fun of me asking me whether I want them to teach me how to write a show cause letter. Now it looks as though I am the lazy one who skips classes. Talking about bad timing, I bet nothing could be as bad as this.

So here I am, venting my anger and annoyance again while cooking up some nice excuses to write in the SHOWCAUSE letter.

2 comments:

Durai said...

Lol. I guess it's purely down to your bad luck.

I've experienced the same thing during my college years. Although I was the lucky one(90% you were talking about).

Take it easy mate.

Veni said...

Hi Ramyah,

Hmm....its annoying ah...to get caught for a mistake we hardly do and to see those who do it often can get away easily.....

Well dont worry gal...as long we stick at the right side....we are safe....those people think they are safe for now....but later danger awaits them...

So cheer up....stay happy....take care : )