Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Reunion and A Bagful of memories



Memories are signatures imprinted in one's heart that comes with a person till the last breath of a person. What could be sweeter than childhood memories. No matter how much a person grows or how much success one attains, past memories would never be forgotten. The pleasure or reminising the funny moments and incidents that had occured in one's life is indescribable. And i had such moment recently when i went back to my hometown for 3 weeks break.




Even before going for the break, i planned with my friend Viknes to gather all my primary and secondary school friends whom i have not seen for 6-7 years. It was not an easy job to gather people who are scattered all around the country. But thanks to the social networks such as Facebook and Friendster and the century's amazing discovery: handphone , we managed to track down most of them and it's such a pity that some could not even remember each other.





The day of the reunion is the recent memorable incident that have ever happened to me, i would say.In these 6 years some has grown bigger, some has grown smaller and some has never changed. However, when we finally met, the 6 years gap disappeared in 6 seconds and it felt as though we were never apart. It felt as though the last meeting was just yesterday. It’s good to know that despite all the drastic physical changes, they were the same people I left 6 years ago; insane, cranky, loud and ever gossiping.


I was amazed at their ability to recall every single incident that has happened from our primary school till the secondary school. The funny pet names were revived; the teachers were mocked and the who-dates-who and who-break-up-with-who issues were seriously discussed. I was in for a lot of shocks as some puppy loves which I thought would end as the school life ends, stood firm and still standing firm and some strong relationships were disconnected while some have already started thinking and preparing for their impending weddings.


It’s unbelievable, where life had brought us to. The small kids chasing each other around the school compound have grown into young guys and girls who are now entering the world of adults. One thing I have learned from the reunion is that friendship is the purest relationship in the world which sans education level and socio-status. In our group there were some who are graduating soon and some who have dropped out of school. But the friendship between these two groups is as solid as rock as there is no superiority in friendship. All are equal in friendship and I’m cherishing each moment of being in this wonderful relationship. In 5 years time, we might meet again to see more surprises that life has in store for us.

4 comments:

vikneswary subramaniam said...

We had done a good job by making our reunion plan succesfull..I hope everyone would treasure the moments we spent together.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Lots of good reading here, many thanks! I was researching on yahoo when I observed your post, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to far more from you.

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hello