Saturday, December 13, 2008

Random



Wishing you all a very Happy Thirukaartigai. Hope your houses are shining bright too.

I have been suffering from poor internet connection for past few days and that explains my absence from the blogworld. But still, I’m an internet addict and the poor TMNET (my net provider) doesn’t know that I’ll survive this. Nothing can stop me from torturing others through my writing :p

Things are moving slowly and as I’m back home, I’m not really going anywhere and thus nothing much to blog about. Yet, me being myself, I do have something to rattle about. Be prepared!

The nature of today’s kids amazes me to the core. Kids of today are very bold and beautiful…no..not that one…they are bold and extremely garrulous! Gone are the days where you admire the talkativeness of small children and going gaga over their cute inimitable vocabulary. I have been in few awkward instances where the child says some inappropriate remarks and you wish you can sink through the floor or be invisible. Sometimes some kids talk way too much and all you can do is secretly wishing to stuff a sock inside their mouth. Some kids are complainers who report every single thing you say to others especially to the person who is the butt of the joke! I had such an awkward moment years ago. I was visiting someone and was staying in her place for few days. And on one fine day, she decided to leave her children with me as she had to go somewhere. Though, I knew I was making a graveyard mistake by agreeing, I went along with the idea. “Come on, after all they are just small kids and I’m a teacher to be. Handling three kids is not a big task”. That was what I was thinking at that moment. The very moment she left, her children’s atrocious behaviours unveiled and I was screaming my lungs out. Literally, I was running after the kids and at one point, I gave up and started shouting at them. And you know angry people, words were shooting out and I didn’t realise that I actually said “ you kids are terrible and that’s the reason I’m not coming to your house often. And after this, I’m not coming at all”. And yeah..they parroted that back to their mum when she came back and thank GOD she just smiled and said “that’s true” (God knows whether she really meant that). And I escaped the next day. Something similar happened yesterday (yeah, I’ll never learn my lesson). So the conclusion is some kids are terrible!

3 comments:

Karthik said...

Did this keep u off from visitng my blog???

Karthik said...

Few kids r sweet too!!! I have a kid next door... When she was a kid, if she watches TV (around 11/2-2) if VIJAY dances in TV, she used to shout KARTHI KARTHI(my name) I feel elevated... Now she s 5.. When POKKIRI song came, i told "SEE HOW GR8 I'M DANCING" She told "PODA!! THAT IS VIJAY! NOT YOU" Enna solla???

Veni said...

Hi Ramyah,

Kids...cant live with them nor without them :)

Since you're a teacher to be...my advance wishes for all those patience and tolerance that you need...hehehe