Saturday, December 27, 2008

Goodbye 2008

This post is dedicated to 2008 which has brought so many sweet memories along with some bitter moments. Whatever it is, zillion thanks to 2008 which arrived in style and is bidding farewell in style albeit some bitter and sulky moments globally as well as personally. I’m not going to talk about the international aspect as I know I’m no good at that. On a personal front, I think I managed to waltz through 2008 despite some belittle moments. It would have been a pretty boring year had everything went too smoothly. Bad memories and failures teach us some valuable lessons which ought to be kept in mind to welcome the following year. Ok enough of rattling about that, in this post I would like to ‘talk’ about the Top 10 of 2008. It’s not an easy task to pick 10 memories but I have tried.

Sweet memories of 2008
First complete family visit to our ‘favourite’ temple – The temple in Pangkor Island is our favourite temple and we have been going there annually. But for past few years, we couldn’t visit the temple as a whole family due to our academic commitments. And finally, we managed to gather as a family after few years and certainly that’s a treat
Being home- is there one thing that can beat the feeling of being home?
Vacation in New Zealand – Fantabulous 10 days which gave me immense fulfilment.
Bungee jump - Quenched my adrenalin rush. The most memorable moment in my life where I screamed my lungs out. Would I do it again? Hmm why not!!
Reuniting with my brother after 3 years
Fun-filled Gold Coast Trip- Fantastic stomach churning rides
Deepavali Celebration in Sydney- the very first time I was involved in the nitty-gritty of Deepavali celebration
Started blogging
Buying my first camera with my own money
My recently announced results

Bitter/ not-so-good memories of 2008
I cannot really remember 10 bitter memories to write about. After squeezing my tiny brain and rewinding whole 2008 mentally, there are just a handful of things I can remember.
1. Losing my favourite hand phone- I still have not forgive the innocent looking cab driver who sweet talked me and ‘took’ my phone. I still remember you Mr. Driver!
2. Bidding goodbye to Sydney
3. Tiny conflict I had (no more) with my bestie
4. Being trapped with annoying relationships
Hmm, my tiny brain can’t think of anything else..it’s shutting down. I better move to the next one.

Top 10 movies that I enjoyed in 2008
1. Dark knight
2. Santosh Subramaniam
3. Taare Zameen Par
4. Vaaranam Aayiram
5. Yaaradi Nee Mohini
6. Jaane Tu Na Jaane Na
7. Sex and the City
8. Jodha Akbar
9. Kalloori
10. Jab We Met

Top 10 songs
1. Kankal Irandal (Subramaniapuram)
2. Yeppadi iruntha (Santosh Subramaniam)
3. Mundhinam Paarthene (VA)
4. Unakkena Naan (Kadhalil vizhunthen)
5. Love or Label (Sex and the City)
6. Umbrella (Rihanna)
7. Taare Zameen Par
8. Jash-En-Bahara
9. Kabhi Kabhi Aditi (Jaane tu..)
10. Marudhani (Sakkarakkatti)

Ok. My analysis ends here. Advance Happy New Year to all my blog readers. Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead and may god bless all.

6 comments:

Lancelot said...

good rankings out there...I couldn't actually believe that the year has come to an end...what plans for the new year eve??

Lancelot said...

u have been awarded please check

http://lancelot-oneofakind.blogspot.com/

Veni said...

Wishing you a great year ahead : )

Veni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karthik said...

When will u be back? :P

Like BILLA!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you