Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm an addict!!

I have just discovered a great truth about me. I'm an addict!I'm a serious internet addict and i know i'm not alone. Or else what am i doing here at 6am in the morning straight from my bed without brushing my teeth and not even taking my bath? Aren't I supposed to be working on my assignment? Shouldn't i be browsing for materials for the pending assignment than searching for a picture to be put in my blog?
But i know internet addiction among people is getting serious. Not a single day passes without me logging in facebook, blogspot, friendster,orkut..etc. And hitting the check mail icon again and again though it says " no new message" is just asinine. At the end of the day, when i sit and reflect (sitting in front of the laptop) on what i have done or 'accomplished' by browsing net that day, the result just amazes me. I can spend hours on net without really doing anything fruitful. Yet i go to bed feeling very tired (!?) and thinking what i can do the next day (websites to visit) and worst of all i scribble it next to my laptop before i go to bed. I wish i have the same enthusiasm for other things in my life:p

And here is a vignette of internet addiction:
YOU KNOW YOU'RE ADDICTED TO THE INTERNET WHEN...


• Your bookmarks takes 15 minutes to scroll from top to bottom.

• You step out of your room and realize that your parents have moved and you don't have a clue when it happened.

• All of your friends have an @ in their names.

• You've already visited all the links at Yahoo and you're halfway through Excite.

• You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.

• Your phone bill is delivered in a box.

• You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail on the way back to bed.

• The last girl you picked up was only a jpeg.

• You forget what year it is.

• You begin to wonder how on earth your service provider is allowed to call 200 hours per month "unlimited."

3 comments:

rienmiel said...

haha...
i guess i fit at least one of those criteria...

omg, it's contagious i think....hehe

Ramyah said...

i think most of the criteria fit me !! How i wish i'm suspended from the internet world. he.. he

Anonymous said...

"You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail on the way back to bed"
LOL..

internet is my world.
i not sure whether i live without it.. huhuhu