Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hunting for Books

Unlike the usual 'fitting room involved' shopping, yesterday i did some book shopping. I WAS an avid book reader till i was hit by the blog bug. Now all that i read is people's blogs (i know that's a form of reading too. In fact, prying into real people's real lives could be more appealing at times). So, it's pathetic to know that i'm on my 8th book now and we'll be bidding goodbye to 2008 in a month time.

Since, books in Malaysia are quite expensive (whoever said knowledge is the most valuable...) and i bet i have better collection than my collage library (ok, well that's kind of exaggerated but still the same books have been the permanent residents of the library and there seems no admission for new books), i decided to buy more books from here as there are more second-hand book shops (Had it been clothes shopping i wouldn't even have stood in front of a second-hand shop :p. That's among the unwritten rules laid for shopping.). So after few hours of walking here and there and messing up few shops, i managed to get these three books due to the limited budget and also limited space in my luggage bag.
I haven't read any of Marian's book but have always wanted to. So this time, i bought two of her books and planning to expand my collection buying more of her books once i'm back in Malaysia. And hopefully,these books can keep me company for my coming 1 month holiday.

P/S- For my dear Blog friends, since we are nearing the end of 2008, it's my humble suggestion that we should capture some of the meaningful moments and incidents happened throughout 2008 in our coming blogs. May be , we can learn something from each other's victories and defeats. Thank you

3 comments:

Karthik said...

All the coll Lib sucks.. My coll library s a haunted place.. If i gt mail id of Any hollywood producers, ping them to have a shoot at our coll lib fr a SCARY movie!! :) U find all irrelevant books there... V r prescribed by our university to study on certain author for a sub.. bt u wont find tat book in library.. U've "30 naatkalil Hindi peasalam" "PUZZLE DRIZZLE" and all mokka books!! Certain books have insects in it so hav 2 b screful whil takin a book... I've never tried any book othr than HP.. It spellbounded me.. (PETRIFICUS TOTALUS) and when i touch other books, i do sleep!!!

Karthik said...

My picks r HP(Waiting fr Beedle the bard), Jeffrey Archer, Oliver Twist, Scarlet Pimpernel, Alice in Wonderland, A tale of two cities.. tats it!!! And i do buy n gray markets.... :) Cn gt t books at 30% of t Prize...

Ramyah said...

I think all the coll libraries suck in that case. Sleeping off while reading is VERY NORMAL and you're not alone Karthik ;-)