Saturday, November 1, 2008

Overprotectiveness


How often do we realise that we are overprotective of somebody? well, not that often i guess. As far as i am concerned, i have always brushed the thought that i could be over protective at times. Hitherto, i have never really attributed my weirdest behaviour to the over protectiveness till very recently. And believe me.. Over protective people often attribute immense love as their rationale for behaving in such way till it hits them..literally.

I am very closely blood related to A. A and I share a very beautiful relationship but we are not open about the skeleton in our cupboard and our itsy bitsy affairs. Whenever somebody tries to emotionally approach or attracts A, i'll start distancing myself from the person and form negative opinions about the person even if they have never done any harm to me. But i rarely confront A and try to coax A to spill his/her opinion of that person. And so far the opinions have sided me. My rationale for doing this... A deserves someone better and this isn't the right time.

Again recently, B who is a close friend of mine showed interest in A (of course A doesn't know this) and started inquiring about A. Eventually B revealed that he/she is indeed interested in A and will never give up on him/her for which i answered NO Way! And I lied to B that A has already found someone (which is obviously nonsense). And B was adamant that he/she will talk to A someday about it and said that i can't 'save' A forever from her/him.

Thinking about it, i realise actually it isn't my over protectiveness towards A that provoke such behaviour but my jealousy of B!! I know A is a wonderful person who is an emblem of my ideal ehem..ehem. and it's SO Difficult to see such traits in people nowadays and i just can't bear the thought that my close friend could get A kinda person in his/her life whereas i'm having difficulty in finding such person out there because A is a brother/sister!!

3 comments:

King said...

it was watching a visu movie... a , b, b, a,a,a,b,b :P

Ramyah said...

is that a compliment? :p

King said...

belated bday wishes! :P

since nov 1st is ur bday im posting here, if i had known already, i would have wished dat day along wid dat coment! :D